|Director: Mr J Krapohl
Tel: 054 461 6700
1. Ensure timeous disbursement of funds to all creditors owed by the municipality;
2. Ensure that all expenses being paid for are budgeted for and that are sufficient funds in the relevant budget;
3. Monitoring of cash flow for the municipality;
4. Assess expenditure pressures and enforce fiscal discipline.
1. Ensure the sustainable financial health of the Municipality;
2. Ensures the recoverability of all the funds that are due to the Municipality;
3. Ensure accurate billing for rates, electricity and other services provided by the municipality;
4. Ensure the effective implementation of the municipal credit control and debt collection procedures.
Supply chain management
1. Develop, maintain and implement procurement policies and procedures to effect the timely purchasing and delivery of goods and services to meet the operational needs of the municipality as aligned to the IDP and the SDBIP;
2. Manage the fleet and all movable and immovable assets of the municipality from the demand, acquisition, logistics and disposal stage;
3. Ensure the cost-effective procurement of goods and services.
Budgeting, reporting and Compliance
1. Development of annual budgets in collaborations with other departments;
2. Development and maintenance of financial policies and procedures and ensuring that all staff within the municipality;
3. Advising the Council and Management of any changes in legislation and recommending adjustment of policies accordingly;
4. Ensuring that all reporting requirements are met;
5. Engaging with internal and external auditors in ensuring that sound financial practices are adhered to and that an annual audit plan is compiled;
6. Development of the municipal annual compliance plan;
7. Reporting on the implementation of the annual compliance plan;
8. Reporting alleged irregularities and non-compliance with the compliance plan;
9. Providing guidance and support to the Municipal Manager regarding all matters of compliance;
10. Coordinate the development of the SDBIP;
11. Management of documents to be placed on the municipal website in compliance with the MFMA and the Municipal Systems Act.